“I have really enjoyed working with people who have a positive outlook and believe it is possible to make the world a better place through creativity and community.”
– Jessie Negropontes, Past Intern
“My experience with Humainologie has been nothing short of exceptional. I have learned so much and was able to develop my current skills in media and management. Ultimately, this internship has given me the experience that I know is shaping the foundation of my career.”
– Aishwarya Khanduja, Past Intern
*DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS EXTENDED TO JANUARY 31, 2019.*
Humainologie is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following 2018-19 internships. If you are passionate about the work of Humainologie and the CCGC, we would love to hear from you. These are volunteer positions, but interns may be eligible for a small bursary.
Applications must include a letter of intent stating the position you are applying for, explaining why you are interested and outlining your expertise and experience pertaining to the role. Include your letter of intent and resume together in one Word or PDF document. If your application does not comply with these requirements, you may not be considered. No calls please. Send your application, with ‘Internship Application’ in the subject line, to the attention of:
Christine Jensen, Director, Operations
HUMANS OF CALGARY INTERN
The Humans of Calgary Intern will liaise with the Humans of Calgary Facebook page administrator. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the planning, recruitment, training and management of volunteers for the Humans of Calgary project;
- Photographing and/or interviewing participants in the Humans of Calgary project;
- Transcribing and/or editing interviews;
- Posting photographs and interviews on social media (Facebook), subject to approval of Humans of Calgary;
- Sharing administrative responsibility for maintaining the Humans of Calgary Facebook page.
The Intern is expected to have skills in volunteer coordination; event planning; social media management; street photography, interviewing; and transcription and editing. Training will be provided.
This opportunity is expected to run from November 15, 2018 through July 31, 2019 (negotiable). Application closing date is November 30, 2018. An honorarium may be offered through SCiP.
PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHY INTERN
The Product Photography Intern will work closely with the CEO in order to provide high quality product photography for a new line of socially-conscious, locally-produced apparel and accessories. Responsibilities include:
- Photo shoots both in and out of studio for a minimum of 25 products
- Editing and providing high quality photographs in final format to be used predominantly for the online store
The Intern is expected to have skills and experience in photography; industrial design course work and/or experience is an asset. Excellent communication and time management skills are also required, along with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
This opportunity is expected to run from December 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019 (negotiable). Application closing date is November 30, 2018. An honorarium may be offered through SCiP.